I’ve made a new recipe for stem ginger biscuits. Great for anyone who has some leftover stem ginger like I did!
Make around 18-20 biscuits.
- 8oz butter
- 5oz caser sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 10oz plain flour
- 2 balls of stem ginger very finely chopped
- Cream together the butter and sugar.
- Beat in the yolk, then add the ginger and mix until the ginger is well dispersed.
- Add the flour gradually until a dough forms.
- Wrap the dough in cling film and chill in the fridge for 1 hour at least.
- Once chilled; pre heat the oven 190 degrees / gas mark 5, roll out the dough between two pieces of greaseproof paper (the dough will be sticky), then cut out the shapes you want. Place them on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper and bake for 10-15 minutes.
Once cooked, transfer to a wire rack to cool.
I decided to practice some Batman icing runouts on mine.
Two-face, Bane, Harley Quinn,
Penguin, Mr. Freeze and Scarecrow